SENIOR and JUNIOR level WMC Qualifiers
- Up to 4 teams of 3 students per institution within each qualifying event
- Students in their final year of High School or equivalent (ie grade 12, year 13) or below may enter the Senior level.
- Students in the equivalent of grade 9 (year 10) or below may enter the Junior level.
We have two types of qualifiers:
2+ days of total immersement
BEFORE DAY 1
- Opening ceremony and full engagement in 5 rounds from early to late.
- Full engagement in 3 rounds (& 3 finals from day 1) from early to mid-afternoon.
- The Gala Celebration will finish late.
|3+ days of total immersement
- Early afternoon arrival, register and check-in.
- The opening ceremony will start in the early evening.
- Full engagement in rounds from early to late.
- Full engagement in rounds from early to mid-afternoon.
- The gala celebration may finish late.
*All participants are required to stay in the designated hotel.
PRIME PLUS level WMC Preliminaries
- 6 skills categories
- Communication - because we need to be able to convince others that our beliefs are sound
- Collaboration - because we all need others to help us achieve our dreams
- Challenge - because we want to be the best that we can be
- Strategy - because visionary thinking leads to more profound success
- Creativity - because we enjoy being humans instead of robots
- Knowledge - because we need secure foundations to communicate, collaborate, challenge, strategise and create better!
- 9 rounds
- Students in the equivalent of grade 6 (year 7) or below may enter the Prime Plus level.
- Taken within approved institutions
- Certificate with relative attainment
- Golden Ticket invites to the WMC PP Finals
- 1 round: Mathematician